VEDI – Vision Exploitation for Data Interpretation
Wearable system which integrates Artificial Vision, Behavioral Analysis and Augmented Reality to offer a better fruition and a monitoring in museum and natural spaces. The system is able to observe the scene from the user’s point of view in order to provide him personalized services (eg. information in augmented reality about objects and locations, a summary video on what has been observed). Moreover, it allows the manager of the site to analyze, through a dashboard, the behavior of the users in order to discover their interests and hence improve the offer and automatically suggest recommendations during the visits.
VEDI system exploit Machine Learning and Computer Vision technologies to improve the services offered in natural and cultural sites. The wearable device allows to access information on what is observed observed through augmented reality and, at the same time, to collect behavioral data in an anonymously way. The collected data is used to offer personalized services to visitors through a recommendation system capable of suggesting the next points of interest to be seen. Furthermore, the data can be used by the site manager to answer questions of interest in the domain, such as “which environments/objects attract the visitors?”, “Which paths are preferred by visitors?”, “which objects are overlooked by visitors?”. This allows to better plan the museum routes, position of info point, and assessment of choices made about the offered services. Finally, the collection of information from the visitor’s point of view makes it possible to automatically produce “Video Memories” which summarize the visitor’s experience.
The patented technologies can be used to create virtual assistants that can be worn in different application domains:
- Museum: support for the fruition and management of the site;
- Industrial: support for the workers and monitoring of dangerous situations;
- Medical: support and monitoring during surgery activities.
From the user’s point of view:
- Allows to obtain information on the observed environments and objects;
- Allow to make aware the user about his position (where am I?);
- Allows to create an automaticviseo summary.
From the manager’s point of view:
- Allow to know users’ preferences and users’ habits;
- Allows to improve the management of spaces.