Ultrasound responsive nanoconstruct against cancer
Multifunctional nanoconstruct based on metal oxide nanomaterial able to generate highly oxydizing and cytotoxic species when activated by external pressure acoustic stimuli, inducing targeted cytotoxicity to cancer cells. It is also able to image the region under treatment.
The invention consists in a theranostic system containing a multifunctional nanoconstruct and an ultrasound activation set-up able to treat tumor cell and induce them to death. The proposed approach consist in both diagnostic imaging and therapy able to generate synergistic and cytotoxic effects. It is also a biocompatible, personalized and targeted treatment toward the tumor pathology of the patient. The approach is also innovative due to the absence of chemotherapeutic drugs, sono- and photo-sensitizers, thus shows reduced side effects and high biodistribution.
- Antitumor therapy;
- Hematological oncology;
- Solid tumor treatment;
- Pharmaceutic formulation development;
- Echographic and ultrasound-based device development.
- Theranostic approach: multifunctional nanoconstruct+activation set-up;
- Absence of heat or ionizing radiation sources, limiting damages to healthy tissues;
- Absence of light, thus good penetration to tissues and broad application range;
- High safety profile and biodistribution;
- Absence of chemotherapeutics.