Treatment of neurodegenerative ophthalmological diseases
The patented invention refers to a product of natural origin, not deriving from synthesis technologies, allowing for the neuroprotective treatment of degenerative ophthalmologic diseases. The neuroprotective effect of the innovative compound has been confirmed through preclinical in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo studies.
Currently, the neuroprotective treatment of degenerative ophthalmological diseases is proposed through the administration of the of food supplements products known as nutraceuticals.
The invention refers to the ophthalmic use of cord blood serum in the treatment of glaucoma, degenerative diseases of the retina and degeneration of the optic nerve.
The product to be developed will have a neuroprotective purpose, since it will be employed to reduce early and late damage to neuronal cells following tissue damage, as is the case of many neurodegenerative diseases. Thus the innovation lays in use of growth factors of natural origin, not deriving from synthesis technologies.
- Treatment of neurodegenerative diseases of the retina and optic nerve;
- Reduction/prevention of early and late damage to neuronal cells;
- Reduction/prevention of tissue damage.
- Higher bioavailability of the growth factors comparing to synthetic products;
- Growth factors not deriving from recombinant synthesis technologies.