Thermal photovoltaic (PVT) system in trigeneration configuration for the production of thermal, electrical and cooling energy
The present invention allows the production through conventional photovoltaic-thermal (PVT) systems, in addition to electrical and thermal energy, also cooling energy exploiting an innovative tri-generative configuration.
The system includes a non-glazed PVT panel, normally used for the generation of electrical and thermal energy, as well as a distribution network for the heat transfer fluid and a thermal storage used to power a heating system and/or for the production of water domestic hot water. In addition, by exploiting radiative cooling, during the night period it is possible to cool the heat transfer fluid and accumulate cooling energy within a further cold accumulation.
- Users that require electrical, thermal and cooling energy
- Installations of new systems serving residential/tertiary users
- Retrofit or expansion of solar thermal systems serving residential/tertiary users
- Retrofit or expansion of photovoltaic systems serving residential/tertiary users
- Increase in electrical efficiency of thermal photovoltaic panels (+5%)
- Increase in thermal efficiency of thermal photovoltaic panels (+5%)
- Production of cooling energy