SYSTEM FOR SHIELDING AND CONTROLLING SUN LIGHT OR THE LIGHT FLOW
Adaptive shading device actuated by shape memory alloy (SMA) springs, and stimulated by light and/or solar radiation. The system can also work without thermal box and SMA springs, i.e. consisting of rotating cylinders and transmission system connected to a manual actuator or a motor (e.g. for internal applications).
Suitable for application to building facades, for new-built or as part of a retrofitting. Building types can include commercial, residential, entertainment, culture, etc. The system can adapt various geometry of the building envelope, and can be developed for external or internal installation, as well as within the cavity of a twin skin façade or coupled with a transparent interior wall, as an interior privacy screen among two adjacent rooms.
- Building facades, for new-built or as part of a retrofitting;
- External or internal installation.
- Possibility of switching between automatic and manual operation, therefore allowing building users to override the system;.
- Reduced number of components and complexity;
- Reduced risk of failure;
- Reduced cost of maintenance, compared to motorised systems;
- Noiseless actuation.