Synergic Anti-Neoplastic Pharmacotherapy
The family of polyamine-bis-maltol compounds (PABM) exhibits anti-neoplastic activity in vitro and in vivo; the combination of PABMs with DNA-demethylating drugs produces a synergic activity against in vitro models of human hematopoietic neoplasia.
The present invention concerns pharmaceutical compositions of poly-alkyl-bis-maltolic molecules in combination with DNA demethylating agents as anti-neoplastic drugs. In particular, for the preparation of a medicament for the treatment of neoplastic pathologies. Graphs illustrate an example of the synergic effect, when PABMs were combined with the DNA-demethylating agents (DAC), against an in vitro human model of leukemia (HL-60 cell line).
- Neoplastic pathologies treatment.
- Alternative pharmacological tools for cancer treatment;
- Efficient antiproliferative activity against hematopoietic tumor cells;
- Reduced dosage of demethylating agents (AZA or DAC) to reach an effective biological activity;
- Different mechanism of action respect to the standard antineoplastic approaches.