Supporting method for decision-making processes in the planning of therapeutic treatments
The invention refers to the development of an algorithm for standardizing every decision-making process and providing the clinician with a support for the diagnosis of oral health conditions. The software offers a range of choices, each of which is associated with a success rate and survival. Each therapeutic option is based strictly on information obtained from dental literature.
LoDiDent® can be logically divided into 3 modules: an input module, a central unit and an output module. Input information is stored in a patient database. A system of memorization of all therapeutic plans is guaranteed by a centralized database, the database of therapies, which can be populated by both Inventors and clinicians worldwide, based on data available in the literature. The therapy database is adaptable to allow the operator to add therapy with relative success and survival rates. All clinical factors have been taken into consideration. LoDiDent® distinguishes input parameters into 2 categories: critical and non-critical conditions. If there is a match between all the conditions, a therapy is identified; otherwise, the clinician is advised that there is no therapy to be administered for the case in question in the database. If more than one therapy is present in the database, the success and survival rates for each solution are output. LoDiDent® can be logically divided into 3 modules: input module, kernel module and output module.
- Analysis of dental clinical cases;
- Decision support systems;
- Artificial intelligence in the dental field,
- Elaboration of individual therapeutic protocols based on scientific evidence.
- Flexibility among the various therapeutic options in the individual clinical case;
- List of options easily intelligible and graphically well viewable;
- Valid information, useful and applicable in the various diseases and in their combinations;
- Useful therapeutic choices for correct information and conscious choice;
- A centralized and shared therapy database, which can be populated by both Inventors and licensed clinicians.