SoundBubble is a software which is compatible with most commercial headphones and allows the user to select what sounds and voices they want to hear. It combines sound source separation, noise cancellation techniques and speaker recognition feature to give the user full control over what they can hear. It enables effective communication in companies’ offices bringing value to enterprises.
SoundBubble (SB) will take as input the sound arriving to the user’s ear through the microphone on the headphones. The software will process the soundwave with an acceptable delay; the aim of processing is to decompose the input signal into different sub-signals. After separating the sources, SB filters out the unwanted source signals detected as noise. SB reproduces into user’s ears only some specific sub-signals. The selected signals are reproduced together with the noise-cancelling signal into user’s ears. As a result, the user will be able to hear clearly the sounds or voices he wants.SB embeds speaker recognition algorithms to distinguish between different human voices. This enables SB to select which voices will be reproduced into the user’s ears. SB is able to record, analyze and reproduce signals identified as “allowed audio signals”. The user can add, remove, select or deselect the set of “allowed audio signals” using the SB app.
- White collars working in open space environments;
- Blue collars working in areas with high noisy pollution;
- Coworking space attendants;
- Anyone who needs to talk in noisy environments;
- Anyone who needs to hear alarms or sounds in noisy environments.
- Improving direct communication between workers in open space environments;
- Reducing stress caused by noise;
- Increasing employee concentration and productivity;
- Optimizing spaces by allowing employees to have work meetings directly at their office.