Soft Robot for industrial handling and automation
The invention is a biomimetic robot designed to replicate the structure and functions performed by an Octopus (Octopus Vulgaris). Just like an octopus, the robot, through its tentacles, is able to perform different tasks simultaneously. Therefore it can be designed for integration into industrial automation for the performance of tasks where a gentle contact with the product to be managed is required.
A Soft Robot inspired by an octopus structure and functionality. The robot equipped with robotic arms, connected in a concentric manner to a central structure, which are able to stretch, shorten and tangle just like the tentacles of an octopus. Just like the tentacles of an octopus, the robotic arms are capable of performing different tasks simultaneously. So while an arm grabs an object, another arm can grab a different object in shape and size or even perform a different task, such as locomotion or stabilizing the structure Competitors multitasking platforms are rigid and do not adapt to the performance of new tasks such as the capture of objects of unknown size. This patent can integrated with the “BIO-INSPIRED ROBOTIC LIMB“, a patent that protects the particular structure of a single robotic tentacle.
- Industrial automation for capture and mobilization tasks;
- Human-machine interfaces;
- Submarine surveys, space and aerospace applications;
- Food processing;
- Waste management and logistics;
- Drones for the capture and handling of objects.
- Possibility of differential management of each section of the robotic tentacle and at the same time to distribute the force on the entire structure;
- Possibility to perform different tasks simultaneously, i.e. Task with strength, mobility and variable rigidity;
- Weight / size ratio;
- Variability of bending directions of each arm, being able to adapt to unstructured environments.