SMART SKIN SOLAR SCREEN
This solar shading system can improve the energy efficiency of buildings by controlling the amount of solar radiation that hits vertical surfaces, with automated panel positioning, based on internal and external temperature as well as local illumination values. Modular, scalable and flexible, it can be installed on new or refurbished constructions.
Smart skin shading systems are an effective way to improve the energy efficiency of buildings. This patented structure, ideal in the temperate climate zone, uses aluminium panels, whose position is determined by real time temperature and illumination parameters. The panels slide along a vertical structure fixed parallel to the surface, in order to offer maximum shading or maximum folding when the screens are unnecessary. The system is an ideal retrofit since it is modular and adaptable: it can be used to shade single openings or entire facades. Its particular geometry, with different inclinations according to the positioning, is a valuable aesthetic addition to architectural surfaces. The colour and finishing of the panel can also be customized.
- Solar screen for vertical surfaces of buildings in the temperate climate zone;
- Ideal for new or refurbished buildings;
- Can be used on single openings or entire facades.
- Improves building energy efficiency;
- Automated: the best position of the screens is determined by real time measurement of internal and external temperature and illumination;
- Modular: each single element can be repeated;
- Adaptable: only small changes are necessary to adapt its modularity;
- Scalable: for single windows or glass facades;
- Customizable: different colour or finishing of the shades can create improve the architectural surface;
- Complies with UNI EN 13363 norm.