Smart probe, active and modular, for photogrammetric measurements of large objects
The present invention applies to optical measuring systems for the dimensional quality controls in industry. The proposed probe is made of a set of active spherical markers, which do not require external illumination and may be seen by the cameras at any angle. It can be equipped with a series of sensors to monitor the probe kinematic and/or the environmental conditions to enhance or enrich the measurement supplied.
Digital photogrammetry is currently playing a predominant role among the most popular technologies for the measurement of large objects. Photogrammetric systems are typically constituted by:
- a “constellation” of cameras;
- a probe;
- a processing unit.
The position of the probe in space is computed by combining the views of the different cameras. The probe proposed in the present patent is composed of a number of active spherical markers, which do not require external illumination and may be seen by the cameras at any angle. Furthermore it can be equipped with a series of sensors for monitoring the probe kinematic and / or the environmental conditions so as to enhance or enrich the measurement supplied. Its modular nature allows the user to customize the configuration according to the requirements of the measurement task.
- Aeronautical (Measurement of fuselages, wing surfaces or sections, etc.);
- Aerospace (Geometric characterization of aerospace forms);
- Shipbuilding (Measurement of ship hulls);
- Rail (Measurement of body shells);
- Automotive (Verification of car bodies);
- Construction of major technological structures (Turbines, wind turbines, tanks, parables for telescopes, etc.).
- Marker visibility;
- Adaptability to the different geometries of the space of measurement, the measured object and the arrangement of the cameras;
- Continuous monitoring of the operating status;
- Correction of the measurement results according to operating conditions;
- Wireless connection with the computer unit;
- No necessity of a lighting system;
- greater flexibility of use due to its modularity.