Sample-holder for agitation-based processes
The sample-holder for agitation-based processes is designed (1) to maintain samples immersed in process solution within a beaker, and, when equipped with a magnetic bar and placed on a magnetic stirrer, (2) to homogeneously expose the samples to convective fluid, enhancing solution transport while protecting samples from the turbulent flow generated within the beaker, avoiding sample damage.
The sample-holder consists of a cross-shaped modular structure in which up to four samples, enclosed in commercial cassettes, can be placed. The structure is composed of: 1) a cross-shaped base with a central square shaft (top figure); 2) four rectangular frames (figure below). The base consists of four arms and one central shaft with vertical notches, a cross-shaped groove at the bottom allows to insert a commercial magnetic bar. Rectangular frames house commercial embedding cassettes holding the samples and can be bi-directionally hooked to the base. Such a modular structure has been designed to be inserted within a beaker filled with process solution and placed on a magnetic stirrer (see figure in previous slide). When the magnetic stirrer is switched on, the magnetic bar inserted on the sample-holderbase causes the rotation of the sample-holder, exposing the samples to convective fluid that enhances the transport of process solution through them.
- Biomedical and diagnostic research;
- Regenerative medicine research and clinical applications;
- Bioprocess research and industrial applications;
- Research and applications for industrial pharmaceutics;
- Biological tissue decellularization;
- Medical devices functionalization/drug loading.
- High process efficiency and short process duration;
- High process reproducibility;
- Low process costs;
- Ease of use;
- GLP compliance;
- Low manufacturing costs.