Routing and charging of electric vehicles
The method concerns the definition of performance indicators and methodologies to manage transport by electric vehicles, based on information from modern devices. The invention integrates aspects such as: vehicle consumption; the type and functionality of charging columns and returns the determination of the optimal route and charging.
The method concerns the definition of performance indicators and how to manage transport by electric vehicles, based on information from modern devices. In particular, it concerns the integration of three main aspects: the definition of consumption based on the characteristics of the vehicle; the characterization of the type and functionality of the charging stations; the transport demand. Since the problem of optimal routing of these vehicles is particularly complex, the proposed method makes use of a data pre-processing procedure to speed up resolution times. This method allows a reduction in economic costs and environmental impacts of the service, as well as the possibility of automatically obtaining the information to carry out the route and recharging in an optimal way.
- Transportation of goods and persons (e.g. satellite navigation systems);
- Smart grid;
- Optimal routing with the possibility of choice according to different cost items
- Energy saving for vehicle battery;
- Minimization of charging Energy costs;
- Platform Interoperability due to the simplicity of the method.