Remote system to acquire and map environmental parameters
A quick and easy method of acquiring and processing accurate environmental parameters represented by a map, previously obtainable in a fragmented way in several steps and only usable by previously trained personnel.
The functioning prototype is a remote device with software, to map the distribution of parameters in the space in the field in real time (e.g. temperature, humidity, illuminance, concentration of contaminants, etc.). The operator acquires the environmental data by positioning the remote device / psychrometer, equipped with an isolated frame, equipped with sensors (interchangeable according to the quantities to be mapped: T, UR, US, lux, etc.) at the points identified by a virtual Cartesian XY (Z) grid arranged in space on a horizontal (plan) or vertical (section) plane. The software technology prototyped in an APP for an iOS environment controls, stores and processes the parameters detected by the device on a map with isolines. Through linear interpolation of the measured values, it effectively generates and represents the distribution of environmental values in 2D or 3D.
- Cultural Heritage;
- Conservators and operators of preventive conservation;
- Create maps of environmental parameters for immediate reading;
- An easy and fast method of acquiring and processing accurate environmental parameters represented by a map, previously obtainable in a fragmented way in several steps and usable only by previously trained personnel;
- The reiteration of the tests acquired by a single sensor reduces costs and instrumental errors;
- The operator can acquire the data manually using the handle on the device;
- Device can be on a measuring rod, a rover, a drone or an airship, depending on the environment and the parameter to be measured.