Probe for multi-sensor dimensional measurements
The invention is a probe, which allows the combined use of Large-Volume Metrology instruments of different nature (laser trackers, rotary-laser automatic theodolites, photogrammetric systems, etc.). The probe has a modular structure and can be customized depending on the specific application and instruments available.
The typical Large-Volume Metrology (LVM) instruments are very expensive and often used independently of each other (e.g., laser trackers, rotary-laser automatic theodolites, photogrammetric systems, etc.). The invention is a contact probe, able to communicate simultaneously with LVM instruments of different nature; this probe allows to better exploit the potential of the instruments available, in line with the concepts of economy and metrological effectiveness. The probe is modular and includes: targets of different nature, whose number/typology/geometry may be adapted depending on the specific application and instruments available; inertial platform (inclinometer and compass) to improve the measurement speed and accuracy. Also, the invention includes a mathematical/statistical procedure for the real-time localization of the probe.
- Aerospace, Railway and Marine Industry: dimensional verification, assembly;
- Construction of large-sized technological structures, such as wind turbines, tanks, etc.;
- Large-sized Machine tools: volumetric calibration, assembly.
- Better use of the instruments available;
- Adaptable to any combination of LVM instruments;
- Modular structure, which is easily configurable/customizable;
- Efficient and effective localization procedure, suitable to real-time applications.