Pouch cell sealing method for flexible DSSC
The “vacuum” sealing method applied to Dye sensitized solar cell here proposed, lead to easily and quickly obtain a performing, flexible and compact solar cell. This method exploits the coffee bag sealing process placing a transparent plastic substrate in the upper sealing section material in order to let the solar radiation penetrate and reach the photo-anode layer.
The invention is exploiting a “vacuum pouch cell” method to seal a dye sensitized solar cell (DSSC). With this method a highly flexible photovoltaic device is obtained, with the smart insertion of a transparent polimericlayer, instead of the simple sealing material in the upper section. This sealing technology renders easy the integration of the DSSC with an energy storage media.
- Fabrication of an integrated power harvesting and storage device;
- Utilization of the Dye sensitized solar cell or of the integrated device in off-grid sensor stations;
- Implementation in portable and bendable electronic device;
- Power generation in indoor conditions.
- Easiness in the sealing process;
- Remarkable flexibility;
- Structural consistency;
- Easy and smart integration with a storage power device;
- Versatility of use.