Physical solar filter made of substituted hydroxyapatite in an organic matrix
The protected technology is a physical solar filter, in which the active mineral phase consists of hydroxyapatite particles substituted with titanium and iron ions grown, through a biomineralization process, on a biocompatible natural polymer. This technology offers an important chance for innovation in sunscreen products because it is designed to be more effective, safe and eco-sustainable.
The physical solar filter consists in an active mineral phase consists of hydroxyapatite particles substituted with titanium (IV) and iron (II, III) “ions” grown, through a biomineralization process inspired by nature, in an organic matrix consisting of a biocompatible natural polymer. This technology offers a great opportunity for innovation in the field of sunscreen products because it is able to reflect and absorb ultraviolet (UV) radiation and designed for the creation of more effective, long-lasting, skin-safe and eco-sustainable cosmetic products. Once the validation process is completed, it can represent an ideal alternative to the physical filters (TiO2 and ZnO) most commonly used in sunscreen formulations with high SPF (Sun Protector Factor) whose safety and eco-sustainability are, especially today with the reference market rapidly growing, a topic of great interest.
- Application in Dermocosmetics;
- Component to create innovative sunscreen products;
- Fillers for make-up products (e.g. BB-cream, compact powders);
- Active phase in skin-care products;
- Support phase for active ingredients in anti-aging products.
- Biocompatible and biomimetic Titanium and Iron-substituted Hydroxyapatite;
- Biodegradable and Eco-sustainable mineral phase;
- Safe for the skin;
- UVA and UVB filter;
- Absence of photocatalytic power;
- Rod-like particles;
- Does not stimulate ROS production;
- Bronze colour.