Pharmaceutical composition based on miR-369-3p for IBD
The present invention has applications in the pharmaceutical sector; it involves the use of microRNAs for therapeutic and diagnostic purposes. In more detail it refers to a pharmaceutical composition containing a microRNA, miR-369-3p which shows a high anti-inflammatory activity, mediated by dendritic cells (cells involved in the immune response cell-mediated) and finds particular application in the treatment of chronic inflammatory diseases, specifically for chronic inflammatory diseases of the gastroenteric tract.
The anti-inflammatory activity of miR-369-3p is expressed through the reduction of chemical mediators of the inflammatory response, in particular C / EBP-β, TNFa and IL-6.The synthesis of a pharmaceutical compound that uses miR-369-3p as an active ingredient starts from the observation that in conditions of chronic inflammation affecting the gastro-enteric tract, miR-369-3p decreases in inflamed areas and increases in areas not inflamed, i.e. healthy. This detection was possible by comparing human biopsy samples taken from inflamed regions of patients with chronic inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and biopsy samples taken from healthy areas. Therefore, on the basis of these observations, we proceeded to demonstrate, through in vitro transfection experiments on mouse dendritic cells, how the activity of miR-369-3p caused a decrease in the expression of C / EBP-β in the presence by LPS (Lipopolysaccharides). The pharmaceutical composition object of the patent can contain one or more miRNAs, as well as it can contain one or more pharmaceutically acceptable additives such as preservatives, antioxidants, acidifiers, chelating agents, perfumes, rheological additives, solubilizers or neutralizing agents.
- Chronic inflammatory diseases;
- Diseases and chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, RCU, Crohn’s, Colon cancer associated with colitis;
- Chronic inflammatory diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, dermatitis and psoriasis.
- Reduced side effects;
- Therapy for use on non-responders to standard therapies;
- High versatility of a pharmaceutical composition of this type; in fact it can be produced and stored in various forms: liquid, powder, dried and freeze-dried form.