Personalized device for upper limb(grip movement) rehabilitation
Rehabilitative device for gaining the grip movement of the upper limb in cases on neuro-motoric distortions.
System based on muscular electric-stimulation composed of a wearable sleeve for the affected hand and a control glove for the functional hand. The sleeve, thanks to 3D scanning of a limb and production with SLS ( laser 3d printing), ensures perfect measurement and customized placement of the electrodes.
By contracting/extending the functional hand’s palm, user gets the same movement of the affected hand(generated by electric stimulation of the muscles), achieving the movement of a simultaneous, bilateral grip/release.Both elements are designed to ensure independence while dressing and using the device.The main idea is to combine exercise with the critical daily activities in order to gain more motivation to continue with rehabilitation.
- Assistive / rehabilitational device for personal and independent use and at home / hospital;
- FES (functional muscular electric-stimulation) based system;
- Personalized and customized medical device.
- Efficient rehabilitation through the combination of various rehabilitation methods;
- Anthropomorphic customization of the splint;
- Designed for independent use;
- Immediate limb movement;
- Customization of the areas of electric-stimulation;
- 3d printing – production in small quantities.