Peptides for agricultural plant protection
Presented are new plant protection peptide sequences for defence of wheat, rice and other crops against fungi, oomycetes and phytopathogenic bacteria. This patent protects the use of certain analogs of the natural peptide trichogin GA IV, belonging to the peptaibolic family, as plant protection products for the defense of wheat, rice and other crops against fungi, oomycetes and phytopathogenic bacteria such as Fusarium graminearum, Pyricularia oryzae, Botrytis cinerea, Plasmopara viticola, Peronospora belbahrii and Xanthomonas campestris.
The use of these biocompatible compounds overcomes the poor reproducibility associated with the direct use of fungi of the genus Trichoderma on crops, as well as to avoid the harmful effects these fungi can have on the health of consumers and agricultural workers. Against some of the pathogens targeted by these peptides no eco-friendly solutions are available to date. Efficacy on crops has been demonstrated in vivo for more than 14 days. The peptide synthesis protocol used is ready for industrial application. In the medium term, it will be possible to identify the targets of the peptides in pathogens and possible plant responses at the gene expression level.
- Open field treatment crops against of fungi, oomycetes and phytopathogenic bacteria such as Fusarium graminearum, Pyricularia oryzae, Botrytis cinerea, Plasmopara viticola, Peronospora belbahrii and Xanthomonas campestris.
- Water soluble, easy to apply;
- Low impact on the ecosystem;
- Suitable for application in the open field;
- Applicable even close to harvest;
- Resistant to extreme conditions of temperature and irradiance.