Palatal wireless device tongue monitoring
A wireless device is proposed which permits the real time monitoring of the position and the force of the tongue against the palate. The device is fully customizable over every patient and it is made by materials from the dental clinic. It is low-cost, comfortable and easy to build.
The device is placed in the mouth, it’s shaped as a bite to improve the comfort feeling. It can measure the position and the pressure of the tongue against the palate. The data are shown on tablet/smartphone through a custom-made app. This apparatus can be used to assist the operator through rehabilitation or assistance sessions, needed by patients affected by stroke, tongue affecting cancer, Down syndrome, disphagia and all the diseases which require help for recovering the tongue right functionalities. It will also help during speech therapy. This device is suited for many other applications, for example the remote control of devices by tetraplegic patients.
- Rehabilitation and assistance to patients affected by: stroke, tongue affecting cancer;
- Down syndrome, disphagia and all the diseases which require help for recovering the tongue right functionalities;
- It will also help during speech therapy.
- Wireless device, without cables outgoing the mouth which can affect the physiological tongue behavior;
- Low-cost device;
- Fully customizable on every patient;
- Last generation wireless technology, connectable to smartphones, PC and tablets.