Offshore Wind Platform
Offshore Wind Platform, (together with Wave Platform) is a web tool developed to support the Blue Economy in identifying and evaluating maritime areas suitable for installing offshore wind farms. The tool provides both the time series of the main parameters characterizing the wind (wind speed and direction) and synthetic diagrams (probability distribution, wind rose, etc.) capable of effectively and efficiently describing the characteristics of the occurring wind states. Both the data set and diagrams are available, allowing users to assess wind resources.
Offshore Wind Platform is a versatile and intuitive tool based on the analysis of European seas. Through an interactive map, it is possible to view a multitude of information (bathymetry, protected areas, etc.) to identify the sea area that meets user needs. Once the area of interest has been identified, it is possible to view the tables of time series and the diagrams representing the characteristics of the wind. Productivity analysis can be obtained once the interesting wind turbine has been identified. Also, in this case, the parameters time series and diagrams allow the user to quantify extractable renewable energy.
The software exploits data from numerous public databases to perform the analyses, providing a rapid, accessible, diversified and detailed study of the renewable wave resource. Offshore Wind Platform features competitive computational times, the possibility of analysis over large sea areas, ease of use and customization.
- Policy making, to plan the exploitation of renewable energy from the sea
- Analysis of renewable sources, to identify the different characteristics of the waves and the most energetic sites
- Technological planning, to design devices suitable for market demands
- Competitive computational times
- Extended analysis area to evaluate different regions.
- Constantly updated technological portfolio and the possibility of adding more, to identify the best reference technology for the site identified.