NEW DEVICE FOR HAIR AND EYELASH VALUATION
The present invention relates to the analysis of filamentous structures, vital tissues, natural or synthetic fibers. Specifically, it concerns the qualitative-quantitative study of the surface characteristics, mechanical properties and, indirectly, structural properties of filaments, in particular of vital or reconstituted tissues, skin appendages, hair, eyelashes, or structures associated with them. The equipment used in these contexts, although in some cases extremely precise and accurate, are characterized by some extremely important limits: for example, they record and amplify the noise or vibrations produced by the probe while it is moved on the sample; high cost, both of the machine and of the accessories; the impossibility of in vivo use; the need for highly qualified personnel essential for correct use and operation; expensive calibration and tuning processes; high weight and bulk
The present invention has characteristics of simple use and transport, immediate interpretation and low cost and includes:
- A source of electromagnetic radiation by irradiation of a sample;
- An image acquisition device adapted to receive a reflected and / or scattered radiation or a fluorescence radiation emitted by the sample;
- An image processing unit to classify the tissue under examination by comparing the value of at least one of the parameters of gloss, size, color intensity, contour of the sample filaments.
- Effective assessment of ingredients and cosmetic formulations, medical devices and pharmaceutical preparations for hair and eyelashes;
- Applications in professional salons (customer loyalty and app development).
- User Friendly;
- Real-time data processing;
- Cost convenience;
- Combination of ease-of-use with quali-quantitative data assessment, both in vitro and in vivo;
- Development of valid and repeatable evaluation protocols.