MOUTH GAG FOR PALATAL & OROPHARYNGEAL SURGERY
Innovative mouth gag for intra-oral procedures to perform safe and easier palatal and oropharyngeal transoral surgery thanks to a retractable and pinching mechanism for tongue compression and tongue base advancement.
Trans-oral surgeries require holding of the jaws in the open position to facilitate access through the oral cavity to the palate and the oropharyngeal cavity, which is mostly achieved with the use of mouth gags. At present none of the existing technologies enables the surgeon to get a good view of the whole oropharyngeal region due to the lack of a proper tongue compression and advancement, a potential critical factor that may affect surgery duration, safety and appropriateness. This technology provides optimal exposure of all parts of the palate and oropharyngeal cavity to perform trans-oral surgery. Thanks to its modular design this mouth gag is easy to apply in almost all anatomical and disease variants and guarantee a safe anesthesia via an endotracheal tube. The built-in retractable and pinching mechanism for tongue compression and tongue base advancement makes this device unique on the market; moreover the innovative premolar-molar support of the upper blades reduces significantly eventual risks of teeth fractures, commonly associated with the use of mouth gags, while offering a complete view of the palate.
- Palatal & oropharyngeal surgery;
- Obstructive sleep apnea surgery;
- Modular barbed snoring OSAS surgery.
- Optimal exposure of the palate and the oropharyngeal cavity;
- Retractable and pinching mechanism for tongue compression and tongue base advancement;
- Posterior premolar-molar support of the upper blades in order to keep open the jaws without risk of damages for the upper anterior teeth;
- Modular design.