Method for the production of preserved and semi-preserved in piece vegetables
The new method is applicable by means of a simple and inexpensive apparatus suitable for atomizing a defined amount of acid aqueous solution homogeneously. The system does not require specialized labor.
The invention deals with a method of production of preserved and semi-preserved vegetables in piece, which are acidified by spraying acid solutions. This treatment is aimed at the pre-stabilization of semi-dehydrated during the drying step of them. A low pH value, is a condition necessary and often also sufficient to inhibit the germination of spores in the production of canned food. The method is simple to apply, safe and reliable.
- The technology is ready to industrial use;
- Its application concerned the production of:
- Semidry tomato cloves;
- Dried tomato cloves.
- Reduction of treatment times;
- Improved efficiency of acidifying solutions;
- Elimination of disposal costs for acidifying solutions;
- Minimum investment and operating costs.