METHOD FOR SIMULATING CORONARY CHANGES and/or ASSESSING RISK OF MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIA
The present invention relates to the simulation of coronary changes and / or for the assessment of the risk of myocardial ischemia for congenital coronary anomalies. In particular, the present invention refers to a method capable of describing changes in the coronary artery (abnormal and non-abnormal) at rest and / or under stress, patient-specific (non-static), reaching the assessment of the risk of myocardial ischemia of the individual patient.
The invention refers to a method for simulating coronary changes and / or for assessing the risk of myocardial ischaemia, preferably dynamic stress ischaemia. This method includes:
- in-vivo acquisition of medical images and / or clinical data of the individual patient necessary to obtain a “specific patient” model;
- Computerized analysis (in-silico) of the images and / or the data obtained from the in-vivo phase. The method according to the present invention is therefore intended as a method implemented by an electronic processor, i.e. a computer implemented method.
The hybrid in-vivo / in-silico combination of the method of the present invention is able to arrive at the evaluation of the risk of coronary compression and relative lack and / or reduction of blood supply during exercise.
- Diagnostic method of coronary changes;
- Assessment of the risk of myocardial ischaemia, preferably dynamic exertional ischaemia; and
- Evaluation of ischemic risk in congenital coronary anomalies.
- Patient-specific, personalised assessment;
- Method implemented by an electronic computer;
- Safety intervals of physical effort.