Method for pinch and bite force measure
The invention refers to a measurement method for parameters related to strength and motor control of the muscle contraction, generated during dental clamping or by the compression/traction of two fingers of the same hand. Specific devices were developed to apply this method, mostly in neurological and musculoskeletal rehabilitation.
The invention refers to a measurement method used to conduct complete and fast tests aimed at evaluating both motor control and the force generated during bite and compression/traction of two fingers of the same hand. To apply this method specific devices were developed, with an ergonomics that optimizes the characteristics of the sensor, minimizing its interference with the physiological movement to be evaluated. These devices were also designed to perform analysis of bilateral and/or unilateral coordination, considering respectively the right and left hand or right-left dental arch simultaneously or separately. The devices are rehabilitation tools used to evaluate and improve the strength and motor control by creating ad-hoc exercises. This measurement method and these instruments are applicable in neurological and musculoskeletal rehabilitation.
- Reaserch field;
- Clinical field:
– Neurological rehabilitation (neurodegenerative pathologies, post-stroke);
– Musculoskeletal rehabilitation
- Excellent ratio between maximum force values and precision with low load;
- Optimized ergonomics to perform measurements miminizing interference with physiological movement, that replicats daily gestures;
- User friendly, complete and versatile;
- Executing unilateral and bilateral evaluations.