Identification of antibodies against JC Polyoma virus (JCPyV)
The present invention consists of an analysis method for identifying the presence of antibodies against the polioma JC virus (JCPyV) in samples of human biological fluids, through the use of synthetic peptides with the immunological method E.L.I.S.A. indirect. The proposed solution, compared to the immunological analyzes currently available on the market, allows to drastically reduce false positives, not being limited by cross-reactivity with other homologous polioma viruses.
The invention consists of a standardized, specific, sensitive, rapid, and low-cost method of analysis, which allows the unequivocal identification of the presence of antibodies against the JC polyomavirus (JCPyV) in sera of subjects/patients suspected of being infected with JCPyV , or in sera of healthy subjects donating blood, stem cells or organs, or even in sera of patients suffering from different pathologies associated to JCPyV, such as neoplasms and kidney and neurological pathologies. The method uses short unique peptide sequences of JCPyV, representing JCPyV specific epitopes, which are immunological targets for the antibodies present in sera and other human fluids. The synthetic peptides used in ELISA were synthesized using standard techniques and equipments.
- Specific immunological assays to verify the presence of JCPyV antibodies;
- JCPyV Infection monitored in individuals or patients:
– Healthy blood/stem cell/organ donors;
– Affected by Multiple Sclerosis (MS).
- Affected by JCPyV-positive tumors
– Affected by other neurological and kidney diseases and subjected to immunotherapies.
- Specific and exclusive immunological analysis for JCPyV;
- Standardized, rapid and low cost method;
- Unambiguous identification of the presence of anti-JCPyV antibodies;
- Use of specific and unique synthetic peptides of JCPyV to identify antibodies against JCPyV