METHOD AND SYSTEM OF SEQUENTIAL MAGNETIC RESONANCE
The patented invention refers to a method and apparatus of magnetic resonance with sequential selection of the resonance modes. The technology provides rapid sequential detection of the MR signal coming from two different cores, using all the resonance modes of the TEM coil, allowing significant advantages in terms of accuracy, amplitude of the field of view, speed of image acquisition, ease and use.
Magnetic resonance (MR) in the medical field is widely used for diagnostic purposes in tmagnetic resonance imaging technique, which is widely used in clinical and research applications with cells, tissues, organs and animal models. At the current state of the art, measurements relating to the same sample are carried out by strictly limiting the radiofrequency coil to be used for transmission and / or reception in the construction and configuration phase. For this reason magnetic resonance measurements are strongly influenced by the spatial distribution of the sensitivity profile corresponding to the resonance mode selected by the man skilled in the art. A team of Italian researchers has developed an innovative, high-field (3-12 Tesla) MR spectroscopy system and method, which provides rapid sequential detection of the MR signal from two different cores, using all the resonance modes of the coil TEM, which allows you to select the most suitable region of interest.
- Medical imaging for detection of the hydrogen magnetic resonance signal;
- Reconstruction of metabolic or functional information;
- Creation of structural images.
- Greater field of view (FOV);
- Better spatial overlap of the images reconstructed from the signals of the two nuclei;
- Greater precision, obtained with repeated acquisitions using more than one resonance mode to detect the signal from each core;
- Ultra-fast detection mode;
- Ease and effectiveness of use for end users.