Method and kit for the detection of PDD or Avian ganglioneuritis in parrots
The present invention refers to the field of Veterinary Medicine and in particular to a method for the diagnosis in vitam of Proventricular Dilatation Disease (PDD) / Avian Ganglioneuritis (AG). A ganglioside or a mixture of gangliosides, isolated from the peripheral and central nervous system of a parrot, the method for the diagnosis of Proventricular Dilatation Disease and a diagnostic kits thereof, are described and detailed.
The patented method finds application in the clinical field, in the realization of the early diagnosis of the disease which, up to date, does not have a specific therapy and in the majority of cases has a fatal outcome. The patented method is therefore fundamental to respond to the request for early diagnosis in the purchase and sale visits of the animals, in the implementation of prophylaxis programs, in the identification of positive subjects for their exclusion from reproduction. The lack of a valid test for the diagnosis of PDD in animals sees in this invention the only possibility of making a diagnosis of PDD early and non-invasive for the animal.
- Application in the clinical field;
- Availability of an early diagnosis kit of the disease which, to date, does not have a specific therapy and in the majority of cases has a fatal outcome;
- Early diagnosis in the purchase and sale visits of the animals available;
- Implementation of an early diagnosis of the disease;
- Implementation of prophylaxis programs for positive subjects.
- Identify the positive animals before the appearance of clinical symptoms and therefore the possibility of implementing therapeutic interventions aimed at resolving the disease;
- Allow exclusion from trade, programs for the reintroduction of protected species and breeding programs, also for the purpose of safeguarding endangered species, of positive animals;
- Set up research aimed at understanding the exact pathogenesis of the disease (Development stage Working prototype).