MELANOCORTIN AGENTS FOR TUMOR THERAPY
The present invention falls within the field of therapeutic treatments of tumor pathologies, particularly solid tumors, such as melanoma, gastrointestinal tract tumors and thyroid carcinoma. The usage of a melanocortin receptor 4 antagonist gives a new possible targeted therapy for the treatment of cancer, reducing the probability of its recurrence.
Furthermore, a pharmaceutical composition has been formulated, comprising a melanocortin receptor 4 (MC4R) antagonist in a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier, as well as in combination with any adjuvants, stabilizers and/or preservatives.
- Treatment of tumors expressing the melanocortin receptor 4;
- Targeted treatment with melanocortin receptor 4 antagonists of a tumor pathology, such as melanoma, tumors of the gastrointestinal tract and thyroid carcinoma;
- Application in adjuvant therapy;
- Application in metastatic disease therapy.
- Combination treatment with reduced dose of the antineoplastic drugs;
- Increased and improved therapeutic efficacy;
Reduction of the toxicity of antineoplastic treatments;
- Reduction of the possibility of recurrence.