LACTOBACILLUS STRAINS WITH ANTIMICROBIAL ACTIVITY
The invention relates to two strains of Lattobacilli (Lactobacillus paracasei ssp, paracasei LP5 and Lactobacillus brevis LP9) probiotics with antimicrobial activity, both against Listeria monocytogenes and Streptococcus agalactiae, and their use, alone or in combination, in particular as probiotics, and for the prevention of infections in fetus and / or in newborn in pregnant woman.
The two strains of Lattobacilli produce substances with a significant antibacterial activity against Streptococcus agalactiae and Listeria monocytogenes. The two strains of Lattobacilli have demonstrated a high gastrointestinal resistance and sensitivity to chemical-physical parameters. Hence, also considering the data related to cellular adhesiveness, growth kinetics, mechanism of action and antibiogram, it has been demonstrated a possible use as probiotics in the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical field, in particular for the prevention of infections in the fetus and / or in newborn by the pregnant woman.
- Formulation of probiotic preparations with selective antimicrobial activity
- Potential for development of alternative antimicrobials
- Prevention of vaginal microbiota
- Intestinal microflora balance
- Easy to use
- High stability to different chemical-physical conditions
- non-toxic to humans
- Somministration by vaginal, rectal and transdermal route
- Large-scale, simple and economical production