Inhaled adenosine: new treatment of interstitial pneumonia
The Aerogen System only thanks to the nebulization unit, composed of a microperforated cap plate and a vibrating element whose micropump activity nebulizes the drug, guarantees the nebulization of the drug with an average particle size (MMAD) of 3.4 μm with a minimum flow rate> 0.2 ml / min. The association with the High Flow System (HFNC) promotes rapid distribution in the lungs. The choice of this nebulization system is related to the safe effectiveness and efficiency, this does not exclude the use of other nebulization systems if of proven functional quality.
For the prevention and treatment of lung damage, inhaled Adenosine is applicable given its ability to protect tissues from ischemic damage. In fact, the only diffusion of the nucleoside in the airway allows to modulate the inflammatory response in the lungs, trigger the defense mechanisms of the epithelium-capillary barrier and dampen the inflammatory processes responsible for tissue damage. Administration of inhaled adenosine via nebulization system – Aerogen USB Controller – connected to a high flow generator – High Flow Nasal Cannula – with 21% FiO2 regulation and flow setting at 60 l / m in non-intubated patients and connection of the nebulization system at the inhalation route of the respiratory circuit in the intubated patient.
- Specific formulations of Adenosine for inhalation administration;
- Interstitial Pneumonia Treatment;
- Treatment and Prevention of Acute Lung Damage;
- Treatment and Prevention of Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome;
- Treatment of other pathologies on an acute inflammatory basis.
- Inhalation administration of the Nucleoside;
- Local use of Adenosine;
- Compatibility with subjects without respiratory assistance;
- Compatibility with subjects in Non-Invasive Mechanical Ventilation;
- Compatibility with subjects in Invasive Mechanical Ventilation;
- Minimum Toxicity.