Industrial induction heater
The invention is a highly performing innovation-driven method of heating of large steel workpiece by induction, achieving high temperature uniformity and reduced treatment times.
High temperature uniformity is required in heating of large steel work-piece. The present invention involves applying both an AC field (via copper coils) and an intense DC magnetic field (via superconducting coils) which alters the magnetic properties of the material to be heated. Thus, a deeper penetration of the induced currents takes place and, therefore, a much more uniform heating is made possible.
- Production of semi-finished steel and steel processing;
- Re-introduction of steel swarf into the production cycle.
- Higher productivity, treatment velocity, surface quality, control over the process;
- Greater direct and indirect energy efficiency of the production process;
- No C02 emissions possibility to use electricity generated from renewable sources.