Identification of specific antibodies against the Polioma BK virus
The present invention consists of an analysis method for identifying the presence of antibodies against the polioma virus BK (BKPyV) in samples of human biological fluids, by using synthetic peptides with the immunological method E.L.I.S.A. indirect. The proposed solution, compared to the immunological analyzes currently available on the market, allows to drastically reduce false positives, not being limited by cross-reactivity with other homologous polioma viruses.
The invention consists of a standardized, specific, sensitive, rapid, and low-cost method of analysis, which allows the unequivocal identification of the presence of antibodies against the BK polyomavirus (BKPyV) in the sera of subjects suspected of being infected with BKPyV , or in the sera of healthy subjects donating blood, stem cells or organs, or even in sera of patients suffering from different pathologies associated to BKPyV, such as neoplasms and some neurological and kidney pathologies. The method uses short unique peptide sequences of BKPyV, representing BKPyV specific epitopes, which are immunological targets for the antibodies present in sera and other human fluids. The synthetic peptides used in indirect ELISAs were synthesized using standard techniques and equipments.
- Specific immunological analyses to verify the presence of BKPyV
- Infection by monitoring antibodies against BKPyV in individuals:
- Healthy blood/stem cell/organ donors;
- Kidney transplant patients;
- Patients with urinary pathologies;
- Affected by BKPyV;
- Associated diseases/tumors.
- Specific and exclusive immunological analysis for antibodies against BKPyV;
- Standardized, rapid and low cost method;
- Unambiguous identification of the presence of anti-BKPyV antibodies;
- Use of specific and unique synthetic peptides of BKPyV to identify antibodies against it.