HYDROGEL BANDAGE PRODUCTION PROCESS
The innovation concerns a production process of a hydrogel bandage, able to overcome the disadvantages of the technologies currently used. The product obtained makes it easier to treat patients with difficult wounds, has a beneficial effect on the process of tissue repair of wounds, thanks to the presence of calcium ions in the matrix of the hydrogel, and expresses a better resistance to mechanical deformations than products on the market.
The patent pending technology concerns an innovative production process of a hydrogel bandage that eliminates the disadvantages of the technologies currently in use:
- Hydrogel PVP (polyvinylpyrrolidone), cross-linked by irradiation;
- Cross-linked calcium alginate hydrogel by replacing sodium ions with calcium ions.
In the first case, you get a hydrogel with the disadvantage of a strong adhesion with the final packaging. Extreme delicacy is necessary during the extraction phase to avoid damage. In the second case, there is a defect in the impossibility of sterilizing the bandage by irradiation. In fact, it cannot be produced outside a clean room.
Our process allows to obtain a simpler product’s extraction from the packaging, and a lesser vulnerability to the attack of moulds, thus not requiring a clean room for the production.
- Products for the treatment of wounds;
- Transdermal administration of drugs;
- Cosmetic products, such as moisturising masks.
- Easy bandage extraction from the packaging, easy application and painless removal;
- Reduction of patient treatment time;
- Beneficial effect on tissue regeneration;
- Easy absorption of wound exudates;
- Better resistance to mechanical breakage;
- Simplicity of the production process;
- Accessibility of technology also for SMEs.