EQUIPMENT FOR WATER PERMEABILITY TESTS ON BUILDING FACADES
The present invention relates to an apparatus for water permeability tests on samples of building facades. It is placed in the field of integrated, smart and adaptive enclosures for the control of environmental, energy and building materials.
The water permeability test equipment used so far have basically made use of two systems with different disadvantages:
1.SYSTEM BUILT “ON THE WORK” ON THE SPECIMEN: long positioning times, little possibility of material recovery, long calibration times, very limited number of tests / year
2. SYSTEM MOVED ON TROLLEYS: Specimen dimensions limited by the dimensions of the vertical pipe; difficulty in handling the load, occupation of storage space, stability problems due to the influence of the wind
To overcome these and other disadvantages present in the equipment currently on the market, an apparatus for water permeability tests on samples of building facades has been created consisting of a frame on one side of which a sample of the facade to be tested is fixed, and from a grid on which nozzles are arranged that spray water on the facade sample to be tested.
The equipment allows the test sample to be positioned in a short time, to position said sample at the right distance from the nozzles that must spray the deluge water, to calibrate flows and flow rates in shorter times than the systems currently in use.
It is possible to test samples of different sizes by choking the water supply system or it is possible to carry out tests on different samples mounted on the same equipment.
- It is placed in the construction sector and more specifically in the field of integrated, smart and adaptive enclosures for the control of environmental, energy and building materials.
- It allows to quickly position the test sample;
- It allows to position the sample at the right distance from the nozzles;
- It allows the calibration of flows and flows in shorter times than the systems currently in use;
- It allows to test samples of different sizes;
- It is equipped with a water collection and recycling system.