Equipment for the production of submicronic particles and nanoparticles
The present invention refers to a unique integrated innovative apparatus for the production and incorporation in a crystallized solid matrix of submicron particles (100nm-1000nm) and nanoparticles (0nm-100nm) of inorganic and / or organic materials, at a process that takes place in said equipment and to the uses of the particles themselves.
The object of the following invention is an integrated apparatus consisting of a rotating disk reactor placed at the top of a stirred tank reactor which functions as a continuous or discontinuous crystallizer. The solute can be initially dissolved in the solutions of the reagents for the production of the particles or fed directly into the crystallizer. The production of particles can take place either by liquid / liquid, liquid / solid, gas / solid, or gas / liquid reaction, with or without the use of an inert atmosphere. The particles are produced on the rotating disk in the top area of the equipment. The metallic or active (oxidizable) particles are already “packaged”, incorporated in a crystallized solid matrix that maintains the characteristics of the particles unchanged during the transport and storage phases, which is easily removable once dissolved in one of the solvents of the solid. The state of the art regarding a hybrid apparatus such as the one proposed is not known, of course the individual units that compose it are known. The innovation consists in obtaining particles incorporated as a product, without having to use two devices separately.
- Heterogeneous catalysts in industrial chemical processes, therefore for the production of fine and pharmaceutical chemicals;
- In the medical and biomedical fields;
- In the electronics industry;
- In the environmental and food fields.
- Simplified sizing and construction of the equipment;
- Ease of transport and handling of the product;
- Continuous or semi-batch use;
- Can be integrated into existing or newly conceived production cycles;
- Easy scale-up of the equipment up to a capacity of hundreds of kg of product per hour.