ENDOPROSTHESIS FOR AORTIC ARCH ANEURYSM REPAIR
This patented endoprosthesis for the repair of aortic aneurisms aims at promoting the less invasive endovascular surgical approach, since it offers a safer alternative to other systems currently in use. This fenestrated endoprosthesis includes an endobag and is specifically designed for aortic aneurysm repair.
Endovascular prosthesis currently used for the repair of aortic arch aneurysms are an adaptation of those used in other aortic segments, but they are not always safe. The complex anatomy of the aortic arch has led to the development of a specific system to overcome the limits of those currently in use. This patented fenestrated endoprosthesis includes an endobag and has been developed to reduce the risk of endoleaks and embolus: since it is mono-modular, a limited number of manoeuvres in the upper aortic trunks are necessary to place it. The invention offers therefore a safer alternative to aortic aneurism repair by avoiding the risks linked to the traditional surgical approach or to the use of fenestrated endoprosthesis that are an unfit adaptation and not specifically designed for the aortic arch.
- complete endovascular treatment of aortic arch aneurysm.
- Reduces surgical risks in favour of endovascular surgery;
- Reduced complexity of the implant: monomodular endoprosthesis simplifies the placement procedure;
- Reduces the risk of endoleaks deriving from endoprosthesis not specifically designed for the aortic arch;
- Applicable to the treatment of aortic arch aneurisms or in other districs (e.g. abdominal aorta).