Electrochemiluminescence for the early detection of viral infections by SARS-Cov-2
The invention consists of a novel analytical method for the PCR-free molecular detection of SARS-Cov-2 (of the RNA genome) by PCR-free technology which integrates (a) single-step sample extraction and (b) detection by cooperative hybridization combined with electrochemiluminescence based transduction.
- Rapid Molecular Test for COVID 19 to be used for massive population screening;
- Indirect applications: Rapid molecular testing for other RNA viruses and RNA genetic markers.
- Molecular test (swab) of COVID without amplification;
- Integrated extraction-detection system;
- Rapid and direct molecular determination;
- High analytical performance;
- Versatile methodology applicable to different RNA pathogens.