Drug resistant Peptides for the cancer treatment
cancerCancroovarian cancerPeptidesPeptidiprotein interaction inhibitorsthymidylate synthase inhibitors
The present invention relates to:
- Peptides binding to human thymidylate synthase for the treatment of cancer. The peptides of 4-8 amino acids bind to each subunit of the protein dimer interface, stabilizing the inactive form.
- Pharmaceutical composition of these compounds as active agents, and user for the treatment of cancer and to reverse or/and be active in cancer drug resistance.
The present invention relates to peptides and their conjugates with targeting and /or transposrters agents binding to the thymidylate synthase protein for the treatment of cancer, peptides of 4 to 8 amino acids, can bind at a site located at the Thymidylate synthase dimer interface, anticancer drugs able to reverse cancer resistance to known anticancer drugs.
- The peptides can be used as such or as biocongiugates with a targeting agent, with a transport agent;
- Treatment of ovarian cancer;
- Recover sensitivity of ovarian cancer cells resistant to known anticancer drugs;
- Use in pharmaceutical composition with different formulations
- Peptides has novel mechanism of action;
- Stabilize the dimeric form of the protein;
- Inhibit the protein catalytic activity;
- Does not increase the human thymidylate synthase level in cancer cells after treatment;
- Inhibit the cancer cell growth;
- formulation and conjugates work as anticancer agents.