Diagnostic procedure for the determination of the Nox2 protein
The aim of this invention is to provide a diagnostic procedure for the quantitative detection of the Nox2 protein, which allows to effectively discriminate healthy subjects and sick subjects suffering from pathologies characterized by a high oxidative stress, and a high quantity of Nox2.
The present invention relates to a diagnostic procedure for the quantitative detection of the Nox2 protein, preferably of the soluble portion of the Nox2 protein (sNox2-dp), in a biological sample comprising: normalizing the protein content of the biological sample to a value of 1 µg of protein for 100 µl of sample, contacting the normalized biological sample with an anti-Nox2 monoclonal detection antibody, in which the detection antibody is directly conjugated with a detection marker, detecting the formation of the Nox2-antibody protein complex of revelation. In one or more instances, the biological sample being analyzed is selected from serum, plasma, cell supernatants. The accurate determination of the level of oxidative stress is particularly useful for monitoring anti-inflammatory drugs, hypoglycemic drugs, or drugs useful for the treatment of diseases of the cardiovascular system such as statins, ACE inhibitors or beta blockers, in order to verify their effectiveness and / or correct the therapies themselves by increasing or decreasing the quantity of drugs administered. The method was used on patients with atrial fibrillation.
- Quantitative detection of the Nox2 protein contained in a biological sample;
- Quantitative analysis of the sNox2-dp peptide, performed in subjects with pathologies associated with high oxidative stress;
- Monitoring of therapies in order to verify their effectiveness and / or correct them by increasing or decreasing the amount of drugs administered.
- Possible distinction of pathological sNox2-dp values with respect to physiological values;
- Optimized response times.