Device for diagnosing railway bogies
The invention relates to a measuring and wireless transmitting bolt in order to detect and send the data related to the dynamics and thermal stress of a mechanical device, such as a railway bogie. Moreover it allows the monitoring of the state of wear of the rolling stock and the execution of any maintenance operations, at reduced costs. It also provides a control logic for the device.
It is proposed here the use of a miniaturized, wireless based and energy autonomous system, constituted by an instrumented bolt for axle-boxes. The system includes:
- A CPU Board Control Center;
- A rechargeable battery;
- MEMS-based inertial sensors;
- A temperature sensor;
- A miniaturized energy harvester;
- A wireless RF transmitter.
The screw is part of a monitoring system which includes two control units:
- One on carriage for local control;
- One on the tractor, equipped with alarm systems and / or display to report any anomalies to the driver.
The control logic for the data processing is based on programmable parameters and operates on a cycle of measurement, and not on continuous measures, based on the driving dynamics station.
- Vehicle Diagnostic;
- Substitution of bolts/screws for closing the axle-boxes covering;
- Braking Systems;
- Measurement & Wireless transmission of data related to dynamic stress.
- Reduced cost and time of maintenance and diagnostics;
- No need for re-approval of the vehicle according to the current regulations;
- Reliable and precise monitoring;
- Reduced energy consumption (through energy harvester technology);
- Instrumented Mechanical Components.