COMPUTER VISION SYSTEM FOR THE AUTOMATIC CONTROL OF LIGHTING SYSTEM
Thanks to the powerful of computer vision algorithm and neural network is possible to control automatically the lighting system in both public and private buildings. This technology improves people’s comfort, the energy efficiency and decrease pollution.
Currently, there are manual light management systems or more advanced sensor systems that are able to measure and adapt the lighting level in each area. However, these manual systems can be complex and require specific knowledge of the area and there may be a need to change the systems every time light sources change. On the contrary, automatic calibration systems can be preferred to manual one. However, they can be dicfficult due to the complex interaction between 3d geometry of the rooms, the materials of the objects and the physical characteristics of natural and artificial light. Finally, the currently technologies on the market are very complex. The proposed solution exploits the powerful computer vision algorithms to deal with image analysis in order to understand and interpret visual information. Thanks to this algorithm and the “light probe” model it will be possible not only control the lighting system automatically but also to regulate the lighting system based on people’s movements.
- Construction sector; the design of smart civil and commercial buildings that have better energy efficiency is becoming important in the market;
- Transportation: using smart lighting system especially for underground transport systems;
- Manufacturing: use of intelligent systems to make the work environment more and more comfortable and efficient;
- Smart agricricolture: use of intelligent lighitn systems during every cultivation phases to make more tasty vegetables and fruits;
- Health: integrate an intelligent lighting system for the psycho-physical well-being of people. For example, this could be decrease the number of eye disease.
- Energy efficiency;
- Energy cost saving;
- Improvement of psycophysical weall-being;
- Automatic management of lighting system;
- Customization of lighting system;
- Lower environmental pollution.