COMPOSITION AGAINST CORONAVIRUS RESPIRATORY INFECTION
Respiratory trait infections have a prevalence of viral origin and represent one of the major causes of illness and death in both children and adults worldwide.Coronaviruses (CoVs) are a large family of respiratory viruses known for their ability to cause often minor airway infections, such as the common cold, but in some cases lifethreatening, such as pneumonia or bronchitis. In particular, the infections caused by the new Coronavirus strain named SARS-CoV-2 (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome – Coronavirus 2), have caused an important pandemic currently underway characterized by fever, respiratory symptoms that in some subjects evolve into lethal pneumonia, known as COVID- 19 disease, which has caused the onset of very severe respiratory syndromes, with hundreds of thousands of deaths confirmed to date worldwide.
This pharmaceutical composition includes an anti-Coronavirus IgA class secretory immunoglobulins with at least one pharmaceutically acceptable carrier, and a nasal or oro-nasal spray device containing said composition for prevention and / or treatment of Coronavirus viral infections. The invention also provides for the preparation method of such pharmaceutical composition. The preparation of one such pharmaceutical composition requires the following steps:
- Isolating the anti-Coronavirus IgA secretory immunoglobulins from a saliva sample previously obtained from one or more individual donors;
- Concentrating said IgA class immunoglobulins;
- Suspending the product obtained in suitable pharmaceutically acceptable excipients.
- Infectious Diseases;
- Intra-Nasal Administration;
- Prevention of SARS-Cov-2 Infection;
- Prevention of cytokine storm onset;
- Easier method of intra-nasal administration;
- Less logistical effort compared with that required by intra-muscular vaccines