Antimicrobial product from Rosa Canina
The invention involves the production of a natural product from Rosa canina seeds using supercritical CO2 extraction. The product showed high antimicrobial activity towards bacterial strains highly-resistant to antibiotics: Klebsiella pneumoniae, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, aureus, Escherichia coli and Streptococcus pyogenes. The product, obtained by means of a green extraction technique, without the use of organic solvents, has been shown to have a high antimicrobial activity against bacterial strains of different types, including some resistant or multi-resistant to antibiotics.
The invention is a solution, obtained from Rosa canina, having a high antimicrobial activity. The preparation method is eco-friendly; product and process waste are devoid of contaminants. It can be used as a functional antimicrobial base in preparations for human, animal and plants, in those areas where it is necessary to adopt antimicrobial prophylaxis: I) in products for personal and domestic hygiene; II) in hospital wards, against the transmission of nosocomial cross-infections; III) in the disinfection of environments or equipment used in the food packaging industry; IV) in the agricultural field for the treatment of some plant diseases in cultivation or in ornamental plants; V) in the veterinary field for the treatment of cutaneous mycoses and the eradication of pathogenic bacteria and in the disinfection of milking systems.
- Environmental disinfection for handpieces and surfaces in outpatient / hospital, industrial and domestic fields;
- As an antibacterial / antifungal ingredient for topical, cutaneous or mucosal use in cosmetic and pharmaceutical preparations.
- Broad spectrum antimicrobial product;
- Active against antibiotic resistant bacteria;
- 100 % natural;
- Free from traces of solvent;
- It can be diluted in water;
- It can be employed in liquid, semi-solid and solid formulations: creams, lotions, gels, sprays, suspensions, milks and soaps.