Anti-Sloshing Double-Chambers Tank
The invention defines a double chamber anti-sloshing tank, that includes an external shell and an internal self-supporting structure which divides internal volume in 2 separate non-communicating chambers, obtained by additive manufacturing
The invention in about additive manufacturing tanks designed to stock and/or to transport multiphase substances (liquids, gas, solids or mixture), with a specific internal structure made by a periodic internal cells system that can avoid sloshing during transport oscillations (or earthquake oscillation, or accidental bumps); moreover, it is possible to have 2 separate non-communicating chambers filled with 2 different fluids, even antagonists: in case of crash and fluid leakage, the effects of this leakage will be neutralized. TRL= 3 – 4 (July 2021).
- Tank for the safe containment and transport of fluids in the aerospace field;
- Tank for the safe containment and transport of fluids in the automotive field and logistics;
- Unpressurized tank for the containment of fluids for civil/industrial applications;
- Pressurized or unpressurized tanks for the containment of fluids in agriculture or food industry.
- Separation of the tank in two independent chambers to allow the split transport of fluids/substances;
- Transport of fluid, and fire extinguisher/inhibitive substance/fluid in two separate chambers;
- Reduction of the sloshing through partition of the tank internal structure