Additive Manufacturing of porous structures
Innovative method for rapid additive manufacturing of three-dimensional lattice and porous structures, comprising an optimized three-dimensional geometric model of the structure to be produced and a processing system for carrying out the process. The method allows a considerable saving of time in production and a wide applicability in different sectors.
Lattice and porous structures offer the possibility to develop innovative functions and enhanced thermo-mechanical properties, increasing design freedom compared to what could be done with full density solid materials. Engineering of structures with high specific resistance, enhanced heat exchange, increased damping capacity and high levels of biocompatibility is possible. The invention consists of an innovative method for enhancing the efficiency of the additive manufacturing of lattice and porous structures, allowing to produce smaller details by concurrently whilst increasing productivity. The time required for design and production of these structures can be significantly reduced by exploiting an optimized three-dimensional geometric model of the structure to be produced and a specifically designed processing system. The method is compatible with most 3D printing industrial machines and dedicated CAD/CAM software.
- Development of specific software modules for rapid manufacturing of lattice and porous structures;
- Production of structures with high specific resistance;
- Production of high efficiency heat exchangers / accumulators;
- Production of porous materials for medical applications.
- Enhanced manufacturing of lattice and porous structures with small geometric details;
- Faster 3D modelling, slicing, conversion to machine language and production;
- Quick and easy deployment, no workflow modifications or tailored CAD/CAM tools required.