Engaging with the Italian research landscape has never been easier through Knowledge Share. The patented technology portal showcases the outstanding research conducted by more than 70 Italian universities and research institutes.
What is Knowledge Share?
Knowledge Share (KS) was launched in 2019 with the combined efforts of The Polytechnic of Turin, NETVAL (Network for Valorisation of Research), Ministry of Economic Development and the Italian Patent Office. It is the “meeting point” for academia and companies; where the universities and research bodies get the opportunity to showcase their technologies to interested industrial partners, allowing their discoveries to progress into commercial products and services. Currently, KS hosts more than 1,200 technologies and works shoulder to shoulder with 550 R&D companies. To date we have seen an excess of 60 collaborations deals established between universities and companies, with approximately 2,700 visitors interacting with the platform in a given month.
The platform’s key objectives are:
- To become the touchpoint between corporations, SMEs and public research;
- To create a national standard to foster the exploitation of intellectual property;
- To create an innovation network for technological excellence at an international level;
- To provide industry scouting teams with an easy and effective way to tap into the Italian research landscape;
- To provide a service for technology transfer offices (market intelligence);
- To promote and foster events and initiatives related to innovation and exploitation of research;
- To Generate spin-offs and innovative technology projects.
Autor: Gloria Padmaperuma